Thursday, December 01, 2005

To Michael Olmstead on his 45th birthday

Your birthday means that it’s almost winter : when the world
feels so much smaller : snow coming down hard? : maybe that’s
why I’m drawn to stories of polar exploration : a fascination with
endless white and an indefinite horizon : but it has more to do
with the unknown : if you don’t know the ending does that mean
the possibilities are limitless? : you were the first I knew to travel
far : searched the Rand McNally for Saudi Arabia then Thailand :
losing a shoe at a David Bowie concert in Singapore : a coin flattened
on a railway track : amazed that such things happen : unfathomable
prospects of adulthood : I’ve been reading Frank’s Vincent poems
lately : eating dinners in Toronto : movies and fantasy and distance :
my home feeling as exotic as away : stories sustain me : I take what
remains : a key : it says Falcon and I loved Star Wars : should I
admit that I still have it? : idée fixe : birthday poems : anticipation.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Makes me wish I had a sister. Oh ya, I do. Beautiful.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Henry Brock said...

A fine poem and a fine site! Keep up the good work sister!

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sons name is Michael Olmstead..do you know hi father? Mark Olmstead last heard of in Londonderry New Hampshire?

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kathleen - I was once married to Jed Farrell who's sister Kathy (Kathleen)was married to Don Olmstead. They lived in Alexandria, VA and had 2 sons, Michael and Mark. My daughters (their cousins) and I have lost contact with Mark and Mike who, I think, would be in their late 40's by now. Could we be talking about the same Michael? Kate SurfKate@msn.com

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes undoubtedly, in some moments I can bruit about that I agree with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is quiet a definitely as you did in the fall efflux of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=raxco perfectdisk 2008 build 44 pro ?
I noticed the phrase you have in the offing not used. Or you profit by the dark methods of helping of the resource. I possess a week and do necheg

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home