Sunday, December 11, 2005

Thursday 8 December 2005

[we spoke on the phone : a casual conversation
that turned : into hours : can we measure this
motion? : an impractical ascent : surprised by
descending joy]

[trying to look casual as I kissed you : we would
go back to being friends any time soon : first
the cheek : then the other : a little too close : once
more : testing waters to see who backed down first]

[question whether we had ever loved before : nothing
like this, you said : mornings disappear : days contract :
I made you bread : kneading flour on the kitchen table
& letting it rise over the afternoon : smoothed my fingers
over your hair : too short to run my fingers through : while
we waited]

[I liked that you called me baby : let it slip now &
then : calling for a drink from the kitchen : announcing
return : departure : over your shoulder before rising]

[you liked theories & discoveries : read science magazines
& desmond morris & speculative fiction when you thought
no one was looking : explained each new one in detail :
every twist revealed]

[or did I call you baby? : boy : mister : feller : tiger : poor lamb]

[the last phone call : a strangely polite exchange : do anniversaries
mark beginnings or endings? : do I remember this day for you? :
perhaps there was someone else : something else : the first day
I didn’t think of you]

[the first day I knew : I am not in love]


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, he is mine now you know.

7:15 AM  
Blogger Iner Souster said...

can I just say it's great?

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home